Still not sure you’re getting anything from the other half – or think the whole Valentine’s malarkey’s a load of over-commercalised codswallop?
No matter which side of the romance-based line your opinion lies, if you’re on this site one thing is true – you love beauty products, whether bought for you (always good) or saved up and purchased by self (sense of achievement!). Here are a few I reckon wouldn’t go amiss tomorrow, February 14th.
- On the off-chance a large diamond might appear on the morrow, it’s a good idea to get hands into tip-top shape. The new Pro-Radiance Hand and Nail Cream from Elemis, €31, is ideal for plumping, hydrating and skin-smoothing, and it’ll make hands the perfect canvas for showing off a new engagement ring
- Buy an Yves Saint Laurent fragrance of 50ml or above for Valentine’s Day and you’ll get this gorgeous gold metal bracelet as a free gift with purchase. It’s perfect for a fashionista, featuring three charms: the iconic Opium fragrance bottle, the brand’s logo and an Yves Saint Laurent branded emblem. Oh and did I mention that it’s FREE?
- We may as well make all the opportunities for ourselves that we can: Lush has re-released the cult It’s Raining Men shower gel, from €5.35. A honey and lotus flower-scented potion, this leaves skin scented like toffee fudge, so hopefully he’ll be stuck on you
- I absolutely adore the romance behind the heritage French Cire Trudon brand (favoured by Marie Antoinette) and this would be a gorgeous, thoughtful gift to give yourself or get from an extremely clued-in other half. This is the Mademoiselle de la Valliere candle, €55, and is inspired by the former lover of Louis XIV. Find it exclusively at Brown Thomas, Dublin
- Philosophy’s Sweet Talk gift set, €27.50, is a cute package that contains the brand’s candy hearts three-in-one shower, bath and hair gel plus the matching body lotion and a lip shine to condition your pout perfectly for kissing. This one will be at Arnotts and Boots, Liffey Valley
- Ride on time: Say what’s really on your mind with the gift of some Horny Cow Seductive Bath and Body Oil, €23.95, from Cowshed. A floral, spicy mix of rose absolute, patchouli and cinnamon, it’s designed to be sensual, warming and heady
- One for younger lovers to give and get, Vera Wang Princess Night, from €42, is a heart attack that’s sensual and sweet, blending berries, watermelon with exotic florals, sugar and musk. Plus, check out that blinging sequinned packaging
- Nail it with a pretty shade to show off hands – I’m liking Zoya’s Kissy, €11.99 from supernailireland.com, Opi’s Katy Perry Teenage Dream, €13.50 from pharmacies and the pinks in the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure range are really affordable at €8.95 each
- A gorgeous treat for a fan of the Jo Malone brand, the new Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle, €84, contains a 30ml Red Roses cologne as well as three small accords to layer with it, which change the character of the fragrance to suit the wearer. Loving all over this one