There’s a problem with Valo’s Day isn’t there? All that forced romance is like a recipe for a row. It’s hard enough to get men to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays without expecting a whole day and night of romance too.
Sexy lingerie can seriously “turn up the heat in the bedroom” though (as they might say in Woman’s Way). Probably easier if you buy it yourself though, because it’s not fair to expect a guy to score the perfect set.
But that doesn’t mean he won’t try, God bless him.
Most men don’t know their partners size and really, what man is capable of buying you something for Valentine’s that is not red, made of some horrible synthetic fabric that will go straight up your bum and is incredibly itchy? If your man can get it right then hang on to him. If he gets you something from La Perla – marry him.
Five sexy underwear tips
1. Buy the lingerie yourself and make it your gift for him, rather than him getting it for you. He only needs to see you in a racy number for a few seconds for it to work its magic and then it’ll be flung across the room, if it’s done the job properly.
2. Hit the high street stores. All the chain stores have a huge selection of lingerie that will certainly get your pulses racing and if that thong feels more like cheesewire than lace see tip 1 and be confident that it won’t be for long.
3. Be a morning person. If you’re not used to shopping for something as sexy as this, it’s also less intimidating to run around Penneys or H&M early in the morning and find something that you like.
4. Go for a matching set. It’s usually easiest to find a matching set and they’re often the prettiest. Don’t think of it as something that you can’t imagine wearing with your jeans, because you probably won’t. This is underwear for the bedroom, so just have fun with it.
5. Don’t stress about the quality. Most little lacy numbers don’t make it too many times through the washing cycle, hand washed or not, so just think end result. You can go a bit slutty for a lot more fun – why not? And most important of all, you want to feel really sexy and he wants to see that in your eyes, so wear it with confidence!
So, will you be vamping it up this Valentines? Or would you rather be stuffing your face with dinner and chocolates?