Estee Lauder isn’t traditionally a brand you associate with fashion week but that’s all changed: this week, for the first time in the brand’s history, the company defined a new trend for the autumn season to come, all thanks to the beauty look created for the NY Derek Lam show by their creative makeup director, Tom Pecheux. Nails came courtesy of Jin Soon Choi for Estee Lauder (a name you may know from her nail line for Mac last autumn – there’s another incoming, apparently).
Dramatic and lightly metallic, I’m liking it. Ok sure, I won’t be wearing my petrol blue shadow to the browbone but I will wear it right up to the crease for a normal-person take on the look. The metallic copper on the bottom lashline echoes one of Lynnie’s fave looks, and a soft metallic lip finishes it all of.
So, do you want to know what products Pecheux used? Oh, we’ve got the run-down and it’s after the cut, plus one more beauty look.
- Eyes: a new Estée Lauder Eyeshadow was tested backstage and will launch in autumn 2010
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Midnight Blue
- TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara in Black
- Lips: Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Beige
- Cheeks: Bare
- Skin: Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation
- Nails: a new shade was tested backstage too