Jennifer Aniston always gets it right. Damn you Angelina!
Well it never went away. But with ponytails being sported everywhere from the catwalk to the red carpet it’s fair to say that this look is very definitely ‘in’ again this year.
What a relief eh? Cos I’d never stopped stuffing my hair up into a messy aul ponytail whenever it needed to be washed. Or on those days when I was just hanging around. And when it was raining. Or when I was having a bad hair day. So with all of these events combined its fair to say that my hair is stuck in a ponytail for er most of the year. And I know all my long haired friends are the same too. But I don’t think this is the type of ponytail they mean when they say this style is still smokin.
So I bent the ear of a hairdresser friend until she gave up the secrets of how to make it look gorgeous enough for our red carpet moments.
- Blowdry or straighten hair until it’s smooth.
- Spray it with some Surf Spray or a little hairspray so it’s not too slippy. (A pinch of salt dissolved in water and sprayed on with one of those plant spray yokes does the business too.)
- Backcomb your hair at the crown to give height – this brings the style bang up to date.
- Tip your head back when you’re tying up your hair. This means you gather up the hair underneath the ponytail properly and stops it from going “baggy”. My pet hate.
- Take a piece of hair from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie so you can’t see it. When you get to the end prang a kirby grip down into the wraparound to keep everything in place.
- A long side fringe works really well with this look. Or a full fringe. Or no fringe – to be honest anything goes at the moment.
This is a great look. Give it a go. Or cheat (like me) and get the hairdresser to do it for you.