New from Oxfam is Bio Etic, a range of Fair Trade and Ecocert certified organic beauty bits. Ingredients are sourced fairly from places like Burkina Faso, Bolivia and Peru, and 1% of profits are donated annually to groups working on environmental restoration and preservation too. Plus, there are no parabens, GM nasties, synthetic fragrances or petrochemicals in any of the products
So, what can you buy?
- Organic Day Cream 50ml €12.50 – Contains Brazilian Pink Guava providing a high level of vitamin C
- Organic Night Cream 50ml €12.50 – Contains Peruvian Inca Inchi which has an exceptionally high omega-3 content
- Organic Body Cream 100ml €12.50 – With shea butter from Burkina Faso for nourishing with easy absorption
- Organic Sugar Scrub 125g €13.50 - Contains Bolivian quinoa to exfoliate gently but thoroughly
- Organic Shea Body Butter 100g €12.50 – Concentrated shea butter from Burkina Faso gives deep moisture
- Shower Gel €10.00 – Peruvian Maca provides energizing with a delicate scent
- Hand Cream 75ml €12.50 – With Aloe Vera to soothe and repair damaged skin
- Light Legs Oil 150ml €13.50 – Contains ginkgo biloba to improve circulation and relieve the sensation of heavy, tired legs
Bio Etic is available from Oxfam Ireland Fair Trade Shops at 54 South King Street, Dublin 2; 9 Lower Abbeygate Street, Galway; 16 Rosemary Street (just off Royal Avenue), Belfast, and 18A French Church Street, Cork City.