It occurred to me when I was putting together last week’s post on Bobbi Brown’s Neons and Nudes collection (it’s out now, I had a gander at it in Brown Thomas on Saturday, FYI) that it’s actually one of the most dupable collections I’ve ever seen.
So I decided to give it a go.
For research purposes, like.
So if you like the idea of the edit and love the colours but baulk at the prices, here’s what I suggest you swap in for some of the key products:
- In place of the pricey Ink Liner in Bobbi’s collection which is €24, check out Maybelline’s new Eye Studio Master Precision Liquid Liner, €8.99. For fans of felt pen-style liners, this swap is a no-brainer
- OK, so this new Gosh Smokey Eyes Quad in 02 Brown, €11.99, only has four colours as opposed to Bobbi’s six – but eh, it’s also a quarter of the price. And like – how many browns does one really need in one’s kit? Answer: if you are me, the number seems to be about 56,000. Extra bonus: there’s no glitter in sight, all colours are soft satins so this is a good pick for fans of low-impact neutrals
- Lipwise, I’m duping Bobbi’s €25 lipsticks with budget bullets. Instead of Neon Pink, how about shade 02 from Kate Moss’ Lasting Finish collection for Rimmel? Not a 100% match but a really great fuchsia that has lots of longevity, and costs just €6.95
- Atomic Orange is well substituted by NYX’s Black Label Lipstick in Citrine. This was one I bought online from Cherryculture.com and love its ways muchly. It cost $6, so a little cheaper than what Bobbi wants us to part with too
- The nude shade in the collection, Uber Beige, can be swapped for Catrice’s Ultimate Colour Lipstick in The Nuder The Better. Again, this is around €3-€4, so really affordable
And some all-important swatches. So – what do you think? Fancy getting a shot at the sleek look of Neons and Nudes for a rather more purse-pleasing price?