We do this post every year – and we never fail to laugh our socks off at the downright unbelievable presents that are offered and received in the spirit of Christmas giving. Read this for a comprehensive breakdown of the shit presents we’ve heard tell of.
- From men giving household appliances to their wives (and we mean hoovers, not that mega magic mixer you’ve had your eye on for ages, or the fancy coffee machine that will whisk you off to Italy);
- to the boyfriend who gave an unthoughtful gift of lingerie to his new girlfriends two sizes too big, Christmas presents can be a minefield of disappointment.
- What about the kindly aunt who misguidedly gives you a bumper hamper of makeup from the Euro Shop every year. It’s composed entirely of talc and some other ingredient which brings you out in an unholy rash as soon as it touches your face.
- Re-gifting is something that can only become a bigger trend as people run short of moola – and you know that means boxes of chocolates with one missing, jigsaws short of a piece and clearly tattered boxes of glassware that have been doing the rounds for years
- Work Kris Kindle presents can be full of barbed messages – the head of department who gets a How to Manage People manual EVERY year, or the unhinged receptionist who is given a Looney Tunes CD
- Any kind of “ornament”
Now unfortunately I cannot tell you of some of the dreadful gifts I’ve recieved over the years – too many people who know me will read this.
But you can! Hold nothing back!