I promised you some more delving inside my own stash of beauty bits, and so far we’ve checked out my fondness for Dior palettes, taken a gander at the couple of lipsticks I have and last week’s turn was that of foundation.
On to one of my favourite products, so: blusher. Oh, how I love this stuff. A proper transformative beauty product, blush genuinely makes a difference to a face of makeup and I really adore it. I tend to mostly go for shades of peach, coral and pale right up to hot pink, and while I’d say I probably favour powder products over cream-based ones, oh hell, who am I kidding? I likes ‘em all.
Check after the cut for the low-down on some of the blushers in my stash.
Lets kick off with my coral/peach/nude-toned offerings, shall we?
- Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Tipsy – a US brand, I got this in New York and it’s an odd one – a push-up stick of light coral colour, it’s a bit of a pain to use so doesn’t get much love
- Revlon Matte Powder Blush in Blushing Berry – a really good pick for a totally non-sparkly, day blush.
- Julie Hewitt Cheekie in Peachie - you’ve already read about my fondness for this one
- Mac Just a Pinch Gel Blush – this was a limited edition from last year’s A Rose Romance collection
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink – Lynnie’s quite the fan of this, so check out her thoughts
- Benefit Sugarbomb – their newest powder blush, this is nice but didn’t quite knock my socks off
- Clinique Quick Blush – a very cute little product that’s brush and powder blush combined, so good for your handbag
- Benefit Coralisata – OH HOW I LOVE THIS
Next up: pinks!
- Mac Mineralized Baked Blush in Daft Pink – again, another limited-edition product from one of last year’s collections
- Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Flush – a very underrated brand, the Daniel Sandler line has some really lovely artistry products, including this very fluid pink blusher
- Smashbox O-Glow microcirculating cheek colour – er, I didn’t even know I had this until I went rooting. Whoops!
- Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink. Ok yeah, I know – it’s not exactly pale. But it is very pretty on!
- Stila Cherry Crush Lip and Cheek Stain – this is a cute little yoke you can use on lips and cheeks
- I LOVE THIS: it’s YSL’s Creme de Blush in Powdery Pink. Siliconey, blendable, posh and beautifully packaged, it’s great.
- Giorgio Armani Blushing Fabric in 1 – this is a newbie and we took a look at the range recently
- Mac Beauty Powder in Tippy – a lovely pink from the Hello Kitty collection
- Smashbox Blush Rush in Radiance. Smash by name, smash by nature, wha? Anyway, love this very, very bright pink, and that is why I rescued it from the bin and am soldiering on with it despite shatter-tasticness
Got any of my faves? Leave a comment and let me know!