12 Days of Detox: Special K Reckons We’re Fine Just as we Are

By Beaut.ie | January 7 2009 | 30 Comments

special k

Are you panicked post-Christmas and on a strict new regime? Here’s another side to the detox/crash diet story: cereal brand Special K commissioned a poll of 150 Irish women to promote their 2-bowls-a-day-one-dinner diet they roll out in January and during the summer, and what they found was that 48% of Irish gals are really quite happy with what they’ve got, thanks, and no adjustments, detoxing (or cereal-based diets) required. Plus, 26% of us said our faces were the thing we liked most about ourselves, followed closely by 25% who reckon their gruaig is their crowning glory. Good news for anyone depressed at the constant portrayal of stick-thin figures in the media, I reckon, as it shows that we’re only half fooled that it’s a realistic ideal to live up to.

And now for the not so positive bit. While almost half of us are content with the overall picture, 38% would like to improve their stomach area, 15% would like to improve their thighs and a further 13% cited legs as an area they’d like to work on.

What about you guys though? What are you hoping to change in ’09 – or are you gorgeous just as you are?

Diet & Wellbeing , , , ,

30 Replies to "12 Days of Detox: Special K Reckons We’re Fine Just as we Are"

• Kitty Cat says:

I’m happy enough really, I wouldn’t mind a bit less of a belly or for it to be a bit toned or whatever but not enough to actually do anything about it!

• sweetie says:

I’m on the mission to get a waist! :) It’s hiding on me somewhere for about 5 years now.

• annie says:

I’d love to be about two stone lighter. I lost over a stone last year but I’ve put back a good bit of it on typically. I had a great routine going when I lost weight, and I wasn’t starving myself so I’m hoping I can get back into the slimming groove with a bit of motivation.

I think that Special K two weeks thing is crazy though – fine, you lose weight for two weeks and then what??

• Kitty Cat says:

I know I’d be starving with the hunger only having 2 bowls of cardboard till dinner, Special K can feck right off!

• MontyC says:

Kitty – Well if it were a bucket full at breakfast and another bucket full for lunch…. ;-)

Seriously though, I’m a firm believer in making the most and best of what I’m blessed with.

• xgirl says:

I’m pretty happy with me. I know I need to get fit and could certainly tone up a bit, but I’ve never been a dieter and would never be able to do it either!

• candi says:

I want to lose weight – about 12lbs – so am trying to stick to 1400 cals/day this week and excercise more. I lost 17lbs last year only to put on 8 – still a net loss of 9 lbs though so not a disaster. I have so many size 10′s in the wardrobe begging for an airing :) But I want to do it slowly and healthily therefore special k plan isn’t for me. although for a kick start for BMI’s over 25 it is supposed to be good and perfectly safe as long as its only for 2 weeks.

• sweetie1 says:

Ya, I’m happy enough. I try to eat relativly healthily and exercise a bit anyway – not just cos its new year. Ideally my tum would be flatter, or else I’d have bigger boobs to disguise it!! Don’t think any cereal will increase my cup size though..

• hockeystick says:

Special K is not even a good breakfast to eat if you are trying to be healthy as although its low in the bad stuff it doesn’t fill you for long enough to be worthwhile .. max 2 hours .. whereas porrige and shredded wheat contain no salts or sugars and keep you full for lots longer (up to 4 hours) weetabix is also another good one although it does have some salt. !!

• Kitty Cat says:

Haha, that’s be a bit more like it Monty! Xgirl, I’m the same can’t be arsed with diets!